Account Service Representative – Full Time
To provide high quality service to Alden Credit Union members by processing their transactions in a friendly, efficient and accurate manner. To inform members about products and services that could enhance the business relationship between them and the credit union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs a variety of duties for member related transactions by:
- Adhering to written policies and procedures to minimize losses.
- Balancing teller station in and out each day to limit overages and shortages.
- Determining identity of persons conducting transactions.
- Verifying authenticity of cash or checks for presentment and signatures or endorsements.
- Reviewing security alerts for fraud or counterfeit items.
- Accurately processing deposits, withdrawals, payments and loan payoffs.
- Promoting and cross selling products and services to attain goals.
- Selling money orders.
- Renewing certificates of deposit, updating records and performing account maintenance.
- Scanning checks, bagging coin, filing and shredding as required.
- Opening accounts for new or existing members at some locations.
- Assisting in other work related projects as staffing and time permit.
Assumes other special activities as needed.
Interacts with co-workers, supervisors, members, and outside contacts in an appropriate, professional manner, which projects a positive image of the department and Alden Credit Union.
High school diploma or equivalent on–the–job training in teller operations. Working knowledge of teller functions and procedures. Strong interpersonal, computer and money handling skills required in conjunction with aptitude for figures Good Ability to maintain a positive outlook. Good eyesight, hearing, and manual dexterity for computer use and communication with members.
To apply: Email your resume to email@example.com or visit our main office at 710 Grattan St. Chicopee, MA 01020