VP of Finance
This person must have the ability to multitask and be detail oriented, along with strong organizational skills and attention to detail. Have a thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Candidate must have extremely strong MS Excel skills. Knowledge of procedural controls and data validation techniques required. Candidate must have a strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude. Must be an independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems; strong presence with the ability to interact with Senior Leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Tracks and analyzes key financial metrics and operational procedures to foster process improvements. Drives operational efficiencies and cost savings.
- Participates in the development and utilization of financial models and analysis. Helps to prepare budgets and forecasts as directed by Manager.
- Evaluates financial risks and opportunities by creating and reviewing operational and financial metrics.
- Assists with the preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual financial reports.
- Assists in preparation of the quarterly Call Report.
- Researches variance to budget and forecast through detailed operational and financial metrics and explains results.
- Prepare and reviews journal entries during month and year-end processes.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Assist in process improvement and standardization projects by identifying risk areas and recommendation for improvements.
- Prepare and distribute financial reports and analysis to support, quarterly budget variances by department.
- Assists in month end Investor Reporting.
- Perform various ad hoc projects including researching, analyzing and summarizing data/analysis requests as assigned.
- Assist with the new business process and working with Finance and Business Managers.
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Investigate and report to the Manager any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance projects as assigned by Management
- Provide timely, relevant and accurate reporting & analysis of the results of the division’s performance against historical, budgeted, forecasted and strategic planning results to facilitate decision-making toward the achievement of the budget and strategic plan.
- Other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
- Working knowledge of loan functions and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and computer skills required.
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook.
- Good eyesight, hearing, manual dexterity and physical condition for computer use, communication with members and storage / retrieval of hard copy loan documentation.
- Three to five years of operational processing experience, and a working knowledge of credit union related compliance requirements.
- Strong word processing, analytical and PC skills.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrated organizational, member service and communications skills.
- Must possess at least intermediate technology skills, including knowledge of word processing, database and spreadsheet applications.
A college degree or equivalent experience in financial modeling, and the understanding of financial statements. The candidate must have strong communication, analytical and data organization/ interpretation skills; with attention to detail. Superior skills with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook) is a must. Must be able to work independently and interact well with other members of the Alden team.
To apply: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our main office at 710 Grattan St. Chicopee, MA 01020