Member Service Representative – Full Time
Summary: To provide high quality service to Alden Credit Union members by projecting a friendly and professional manner during interaction. To interpret lending policies and procedures during the course of loan origination in a timely and accurate manner. To inform members about products and services that could enhance the business relationship between them and the credit union. Assist members in performing various business transactions to include processing savings and checking deposits and withdrawals, loan payments and various other transactions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs a variety of duties by:
- Adhering to written policies and procedures to minimize losses.
- Responding to inquiries regarding lending and providing information within scope of authority and knowledge.
- Determining identity of persons conducting transactions
- Promoting and cross-selling products and services.
- Obtaining applicant information in person, for secured loans, unsecured loans and real estate related loans.
- Ordering, reviewing and interpreting credit report information about applicants.
- Inputting applicant data into the lending system for document generation.
- Making credit decisions within parameters of delegated authority and consulting with senior lending personnel on difficult credit decisions.
- Notifying applicants of approval, denial, need for additional information or clarification.
- Following proper loan closing policies and procedures to insure accurate completion of all required loan documentation.
- Familiarization with all facets of IRA products
- Review security alerts for fraud or counterfeit items.
- Verifying authenticity of cash or checks for presentment and signatures or endorsements.
- Provide access to the safe deposit areas for members.
- Order checks, ATM and Debit Cards.
- Perform account research for members to resolve problems and balance accounts.
- Notarizing pertinent documents as required.
- Sell money orders, savings bonds and traveler’s checks.
- Update records and perform account maintenance.
- Serving at the Greeter Station as required. Serving as temporary teller during peak activity periods at various locations.
- Balancing member service teller station in and out each day to limit overages and shortages.
- Assisting in other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
High school diploma or equivalent on–the–job training in loan origination and operations. At least three years experience in a bank or credit union with some exposure to loan origination, processing and servicing. Working knowledge of Alden Credit Union’s loan policies, procedures, products and services. Familiarity with applicable state and federal laws / regulations. Strong interpersonal and computer skills required. Ability to maintain a positive outlook. Good eyesight, hearing, manual dexterity and physical condition for computer use, communication with members and storage / retrieval of hard copy loan documentation.
To apply: Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our main office at 710 Grattan St. Chicopee, MA 01020