Alden Credit Union has partnered with Cambridge Credit Counseling Corp to offer you many non-profit programs that could save you thousands in interest and years of repayment.
Student Loan Counseling
Student loan counseling can help ensure that borrowers are aware of all their federal student loan options, before they’ve borrowed or while they’re in repayment. Our student loan services include:
- Free counseling to help you effectively manage your loans
- Free live webinars and seminars with extensive Q&A
- Information about all federal repayment plans and public service loan forgiveness
- Updates about the loan forgiveness waiver opportunity
When you contact Cambridge, our counselors will have a confidential discussion with you about your financial goals and the circumstances that led to your need for assistance. Through this free debt analysis, our counselors will:
- Understand your unique circumstances and your financial goals;
- Identify your income and all of your expenses;
- Recommend ways to help you create or revise your household budget;
- Advise you about your options, including the services that may be available to assist you.
One option that our counselors may recommend is enrollment in a Debt Management Plan (DMP). A DMP is not a loan or debt settlement! Our program is a safe, effective way to responsibly pay off your debts in the shortest time possible. Our typical program benefits include:
- Reduced interest rates - from an average of 22% to as low as 0%
- Reduced monthly payments - Interest rate reductions result in an average savings of $135 per month
- Fast debt repayment - Our clients are debt-free in an average of 45 months