Your personal and financial security is important to us. While ATMs are a great convenience, it is important to be aware of your surroundings when you are using one.
- Do not use an ATM that is obstructed from view or poorly lit.
- Make sure no one is lingering around the ATM or the immediate vicinity, and making no effort to use the machine.
- If you see anyone or anything suspicious, cancel your transaction and leave.
- If anyone follows you after using an ATM, go to well-lit area with people around and call the police.
- Never write your PIN down or share it with anyone.
- If you lose your card, report it immediately to 413-536-0475 and after business hours, follow the prompts for hot card information.
- After using the ATM put cash and card away immediately.
- Verify your ATM receipts against your statements to identify any unauthorized transactions.
- Skimmers: These are devices attached to the card reader to capture your pin number and account number. Inspect the ATM machine prior to using it and if anything seems out of the ordinary, contact the credit union at 413-536-0475.
- Be sure to park as close as possible.
- Give the member ahead of you privacy by staying a few feet behind.
- Stand directly in front of the ATM.
- Protect your PIN and privacy by covering the keypad and standing close to the machine.
- Be sure to take your card, money and receipt when finished with your transaction.
- Keep your engine running, doors locked, and the windows up while you're waiting in line at a drive-up. If possible, leave enough room between cars should you need to exit quickly.
- Have your card ready.
- Be sure to take your card after your transaction is complete.
- Count your money when you reach a safe location.