What we do:
- Alden Credit Union uses multi-factor authentication for online banking, preventing unauthorized access.
- Our members can select strong passwords for online banking.
Other measures you can take:
- Set up Direct Deposit - Have your paycheck, dividends, and other recurring payments deposited directly to your account, you no longer have to worry about checks getting lost or stolen in the mail which can lead to identity theft.
- Schedule automatic payments to avoid being late. With no paper check to worry about losing, you keep the identity thieves at bay.
- Protect your Social Security Number
- Don’t carry your Social Security card with you.
- Only provide your Social Security Number when you have initiated the contact and can confirm the business or person's identity.
- Never use any part of your Social Security Number as a Personal Identification Number (PIN) or password.
- If you have to send your Social Security Number in an email, make sure it's encrypted.
- Do not use your Social Security Number over the Internet unless you know the connection is protected or you have encrypted data.
- Do not record your Social Security Number on a check, traveler's check, gift certificate, money order or other negotiable instrument unless required by law.